Oil & Gas
Oil and gas companies—upstream, downstream, midstream, and oil field services—are struggling to balance capital project investment for long-term growth, while facing a lack of demand against a worsening backdrop of the world's economy. Companies who succeed and thrive in this competitive marketplace will be those that can quickly adapt to change, while carefully managing projects, optimizing resources, and controlling project costs and risks.
With Oracle's P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solutions, oil and gas companies can successfully select, plan and execute projects across the enterprise, while answering critical project-related questions.
Oracle's Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solutions allow oil and gas companies to do the following:
- Manage financial performance by investing in and delivering capital and maintenance projects with less risk and superior returns.
- Optimize operational metrics such as craft productivity, by ensuring that the right people are on the right project at the right time.
- Enhance contractor collaboration through schedule integration analysis.
- Create 'what-if' scenarios, allowing all levels of project stakeholders to see how even a slight contingency will affect the project and how different/ responses will have an impact on the budget and schedule.
- Capture key industry knowledge and establish best practices across the enterprise to reduce the impact of resource shortages due to attrition.